2011 is gone? What? I can't believe it. I'm sad to see it go. It's been such an amazing year. I loved being pregnant and the joy of Elijah being born is unbeatable. I know next year will be so fun with Elijah growing and reaching new milestones. Yet, 2011 was great.

How can I even wrap up this year in one post? I was re-reading our 2010 update and how things have changed. My favorite line: "Life hasn't been too eventful in the 'anything new?' area this year". That is so not true this year. If you haven't been a regular to our blog this year, here's a few important posts:
Can We Let The Baby Out Of The Bag?
And So They Wed & Photo Memories
Border's Closing (yes this was a very important and sad event)
He's Here!
Elijah's Birth Day (unless you're in the mood for reading a looong post with birth details, I suggest scrolling down to the bottom to watch the tear-jerking video)
Elijah
If you follow our blog, facebook, or life at all you'll realize our life has been abducted by a cute 13 pound little human being. He's our everything. We're so proud of him. Just last night Tyler was saying how social events are so much more fun now that Elijah's here because he's so proud of him and wants to show him off.
Elijah was born on October 8th at 4:25 a.m. He was 21 inches long and 8.5 pounds! He's a big boy and takes after his father in height, facial expressions and a lot of other things. He's smiling so much now and seems like he's on the verge of laughing. He has giggled in his sleep a little but very occasionally. He's growing so fast and doing so well. He's two months today! He loves playing with Dad, high pitched noises and singing, and his monkey on his bouncer.
Tyler
This year has been really busy for Tyler. He graduated from the MATC in March. We were both so happy to have that class end! It was such a blessing and got Tyler a great job and on the path to his dream. It was from God. Having Tyler home again at night is the best. For me and him! He's doing great at his job in Klune. He's earning more certificates at work-which is great. He's also working on a few projects at home.
With finding out we were pregnant in January, the whole year has been focused around getting ready for Elijah. Tyler started hunting for a new car and we found one finally in July! Which was perfect timing because Tyler's motor in his S2K blew in August. He's been rebuilding the engine since then and just finished. He's so talented!
Lacey
I was pregnant most of 2011, so much of my year focused on prenatal appointments, decorating the nursery, and researching EVERYTHING possible about pregnancy, labor, birth, and babies. Aside from that, I was really busy with work. Trips to Maui (the day after finding out I was pregnant), a trip to Kauai (Part 2 & 3), 2 Vegas trips, a Park City event, and of course all my other monthly events kept me on my toes (thankfully not swollen). Getting ready for my 12 week maternity leave (including missing the 2 biggest events of the year) was challenging as well.
As I was reading back in our 2010 update, I realized we never did get that new kitty. Tyler was too good at evading the decision. I'll have to keep trying Elijah needs a friend. The highlight of the year for me (besides Elijah) was our baby-moon to California (1 & 2). It was great to spend that time with Tyler before our 'lives changed forever'
2012 may prove to be challenging with me going back to work and leaving Elijah during the days. Our prayer this year is God puts us in a position for me to reduce work responsibilities. While I may not be able to stay home for a few years, we are working towards it and hope that God will begin to lead us in that direction. We are so thankful for our Lord & Savior. I hope to remember what the Christmas season is all about. Besides endings and beginnings of our lives, it's about what God started so many years ago. When he sent his son Jesus to come be born, and die for our sins. So that we may have life. Not because of ANYTHING we've done. Only because he loves us and paid the price. We praise God for that this holiday season.
Our prayer is that God blesses you and your family with the same revelation. We love you and hope you have a very Merry Christmas.
~Tyler, Lacey & Elijah Olsen



Great update! It has been a great year for you guys! Love you, Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the update!! Merry Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Lacey for bringing me up to date on what has been happening. Wish we could have been there to share such great times and hold Elijah. Love you all and miss you a lot.
ReplyDeleteGrandma Leone