Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

California Part II

The second part of our California vacation was spent on the beautiful beaches of Southern California. We stayed at the Renaissance ClubSport in Aliso Viejo. This hotel was pretty awesome for a lower budget Marriott. It was basically a nice hotel inside of an upscale gym. This would have been my dream had I not been 7 months pregnant. Anyone staying at the hotel got free access to this gym, all the classes, and the spa. We did get to enjoy the spa, pool, and hot tub though.

Laguna Beach has the worlds best beaches for skimboarding. We normally visit Treasure Island, Aliso Beach, & Thousand Steps Beach at 10th street-but since there really is 262 steps down and 262 steps up we decided to pass on it this trip (I get out of breath walking to the car now, imagine 500 stairs!). We started out this trip visiting Thaila Street Beach. It was a good choice obviously because all the skimboarders were there. We tried a few other beaches, but this was pretty much our home base. Tyler had a great time skimboarding and I relaxed on the beach. It was pretty much awesome.





We can't go to Laguna Beach without stopping at Taco Loco for the worlds best fish tacos. Seriously, I think they have the worlds best fish tacos. I've tried many, and I've never had one better. We even went back the next day.







We celebrated my birthday while in Laguna. Which consisted of yummy Indian food, MORE Sprinkles cupcakes, and a nice day at the beach.







Here's a look at how popular Spinkles is:


We had to get the red velvet again, and tried the peanut butter and the key lime. Red Velvet was still my fav!



That evening we headed over to Balboa to go to the Crab Cooker. Tyler and I love our seafood (mainly crab) so what better way to tie off my birthday.



I made Tyler take about 15 photos and told him he was pressing his chin down too much in each of them. Him making fun of my pickiness resulted in this photo, which turned out to be the best one!





The next day was Independence Day, we went to Pearl Street Beach which turned out to be quite a nice beach.



I enjoyed the last of our cupcakes. Yummy!



That afternoon, we strolled along downtown Laguna (very small and quaint-think Park City). There's this hill that I HATE going up and down. It's SOOO steep. This photo doesn't do it justice. Ironically, Tyler LOVES going up and down it.



Of course you can't go to the heart of Laguna without stopping at this amazing bakery-C'est La Vie. Yes, this trip was full of treats.



For the fireworks that evening, we decided to go to a more secluded quiet beach-Agate Beach (right next to Pearl). It turned out quite well. We got to see a few different firework shows (they are all along the coast), were able to beat traffic, and catch a few last rays of sun and Tyler's favorite-dusk skimboarding.

I'm pretty horrified to post this pic of me, however as my friends at work said, If I'm brave enough to wear it, I should be brave enough to have a photo of it. More importantly, I may enjoy it in years to come (or I may despise myself, lol).



The helicopters fly over before the firework show begins.







As I said in my previous pregnancy updates, the only food I'm really craving is Italian-specially Fazolis. On our way back from the airport, Tyler was sweet enough to stop for lunch. It was so yummy, and who could NOT get the Turtle Cheescake. Yum!



This was the best babymoon! We couldn't have asked for better. Tyler and I agree, our favorite part of our trips is getting to spend non-stop time together. It's so refreshing for our relationship. LOVE it!


2 comments:

  1. I love the beach picture of you!! Looks like you both had so much lax time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding?? I NEVER would have pegged you as a bikini wearing pregnant girl! But you DO rock it! Glad you made up for your Hawaii trip (and yeah, it took a lot to say that!)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: