Tyler grew up with a family Christmas tradition: collecting Christmas ornaments. Every year his parents would give him and his sister a new ornament. Most of the time it represented something that happened that year.


Since Tyler and I have been married, we've continued the tradition somewhat. We of course got "First Year Married" ornaments.



Then we also started collecting ornaments from our travels. I wish we started this sooner! Also, I seen a brilliant idea on Pinterest-to collect sand and put it in a glass ornament from your travels. Most of you know I've collected sand since I was little from everywhere I've gone. Unluckily I threw most of it away this summer as we were cleaning out the office. Now I wish I kept it to use in ornaments. Oh well.

Sedona, AZ : February 2009

Maui, HI: I'll guess 2010.

Santorini, Greece: June 2010
I can't not mention the collection my little sister has made me since we were little.

Now that Elijah is with us, we're excited to continue the tradition with him. Starting with his first ornament. We got his little footprint in the clay. He was difficult though and kept scrunching his toes.

My mom also gave us a little first year ornament for him.




Since Tyler and I have been married, we've continued the tradition somewhat. We of course got "First Year Married" ornaments.


Then we also started collecting ornaments from our travels. I wish we started this sooner! Also, I seen a brilliant idea on Pinterest-to collect sand and put it in a glass ornament from your travels. Most of you know I've collected sand since I was little from everywhere I've gone. Unluckily I threw most of it away this summer as we were cleaning out the office. Now I wish I kept it to use in ornaments. Oh well.

Sedona, AZ : February 2009
Maui, HI: I'll guess 2010.

Santorini, Greece: June 2010
I can't not mention the collection my little sister has made me since we were little.
Now that Elijah is with us, we're excited to continue the tradition with him. Starting with his first ornament. We got his little footprint in the clay. He was difficult though and kept scrunching his toes.

My mom also gave us a little first year ornament for him.





Love that the ornament I gave you last year is part of these!
ReplyDeleteOh wow can I ask why you still have those lol. What a nerd I was! But I lvoe this tradition!
ReplyDelete