Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankful

Tyler and I weren't really sure what we would do for the holidays this year. With a new little baby in our lives, everything is new. Do we stay home and protect him from dirty hands, the cold air, etc.? Do we start new traditions at our home or is he too young? Do we go to our family activities as normal and show off what we're MOST thankful for this year? Resounding YES!

Tyler and I got Elijah all ready for his First Thanksgiving and crossed our fingers that he wouldn't destroy his outfit before the end of the day. Our first stop was Tyler's grandparents house (Olsen's). Elijah slept most of the time. I shoveled down my food so I could feed the little guy. After he ate he came out to play for a little bit before we had to run to the next dinner. My camera of course died after the first photos! Thanks to Corinne, we got a cute one of her and Elijah.







Next we went to my mom's with the Ferran's. She had a full house and Elijah got a lot of attention. I hardly held him the whole time, which seems to be a theme at any gathering of people.



We also let my nephew Anjul and niece Dawsen hold him for the first time. Anjul's 8 and was soooo excited. He's a good big brother type. Actually...when we first told him I was pregnant, he was convinced that he was going to have a little brother. His parents did a good job explaining that it would be his cousin. He was also very excited when I told him it was a boy (before his mother). His response- "I knew it!".

Dawsen on the other hand is only 4 and very tiny, so Elijah was basically as big as her. Very funny though. He will outgrow her soon enough which is great because she's kind of a bully-but very sweet to Elijah so far.

*And don't worry, my sister and I were very close in case any tumbling or dropping of babies occurred.





Such cute cousins!


Tyler continued with his tradition of falling asleep.



We had my mom snap one family photo with my sisters camera before the end of the night. Didn't turn out the greatest, but we'll take what we can get. I have to say we're still a cute family.



As for being thankful, I won't make it complicated. I don't think I can describe how thankful I am for my amazing husband Tyler and my precious baby Elijah. It doesn't get much better than that. Sometimes I sit and think how I don't deserve them. Like they will be taken from me at any time. So while I have them, I'll be thankful. I'm thankful for the rest of my family and friends that love us and our new baby so much. I love seeing him with them because I'm amazed at what a circle of love surrounds him. I know he'll always be taken care of and that chokes me up. I'm thankful for our jobs and provision. Me being on maternity leave makes me think of what our income does for us and I'm very grateful.

Most of all though, I'm thankful for our Creator, our God, our Savior. He's our Joy. He's our Protector. He's our Provider. We wouldn't be the people we are without him. We wouldn't be forgiven without him. I praise God for all he is and has done for me and the people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: