Dakota participated in the Special Olympics again this year. He joined his old soccer team and they had a great time! Tyler and I had to work during most of the games, but on Saturday we drove down to Cedar City early in the morning to catch his last few games.
They did a great job! Dakota is now nick-named 'The Wall' which seemed especially appropriate after watching him knock a guy down. In these games they don't purposely do it, but he just can't help it being his size. I love the comradery between players-even on different teams. Dakota helped the guy up and they gave each other a high-5 throughout the game.
I believe the BYU team won 3 to 4 games which was so much better than last year. They all had such a great time driving down, staying in the hotel, and just hanging out together.
We had a great time with the family watching the games as well. My Grandma and Uncle Greg were able to come as well.
They did a great job! Dakota is now nick-named 'The Wall' which seemed especially appropriate after watching him knock a guy down. In these games they don't purposely do it, but he just can't help it being his size. I love the comradery between players-even on different teams. Dakota helped the guy up and they gave each other a high-5 throughout the game.
I believe the BYU team won 3 to 4 games which was so much better than last year. They all had such a great time driving down, staying in the hotel, and just hanging out together.
We had a great time with the family watching the games as well. My Grandma and Uncle Greg were able to come as well.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts: