Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Celebrating Fathers & Grandfathers

Most of you know that this is Lacey doing most all of the writing. Most of the time it isn't too important. With this post for some reason I feel it's good to point out.

Father's Day has never been a big deal, or really even a 'deal' growing up. I grew up without my dad, so we really didn't celebrate it. We probably visited with my Grandpa Ferran, but I don't remember. I never even knew when Father's Day was. Once I got married, I was pretty much introduced to a new holiday. It's a good thing I adapt easily because I went straight to not knowing what time of year it was held to reminding Tyler about it.

My bestie Alisha does an amazing job each year dedicating a post to the father's in her life. This year I thought I could probably dig a little and do the same. Most of my posts don't include my feelings, it's more scrapbook type feel. Sooo we'll see how this goes.

Mark Olsen (Tyler's Dad)-Not to be a copy cat or anything(Alisha), but what I love most about Mark is that he gave me Tyler. He's been an incredible father and raised the most amazing man. I appreciate Mark's laid back personality, I love his laugh, and I can't help but loving how ticklish he is. I love how much he taught Tyler and even more how he taught him to treat people (especially me). He had to get that example from Mark.











Robert Olsen (Tyler's Paternal Grandfather)- Oh Grandpa Olsen's stories. What would we do without them! He really tells the best stories. He's just the cutest and I am so happy that I get to be a part of his life. We love visiting with him and he really is the best person I know at crocheting.






Robert Gillman (Tyler's Maternal Grandfather)-Yes, they're both Robert. Silly huh! Grandpa Gillman was the most amazing man. He was so kind and affectionate. I could count on getting a hug from him every time I saw him. I felt truly accepted by him and we miss and love him dearly.



Carlo Luigi Leone (Lacey's
Paternal Grandfather)- Grandpa Leone. I don't have a lot of memories before I was about 9 years old, so I don't remember too much of Grandpa Leone as a child. We got in contact with him again when I was 17 and graduating high school. I'm so happy we did. I'm so grateful that he is a part of my life now. I love most how fiercely he protects and loves his family. Each hug he gives me almost hurts a little because I can feel so much emotion in just a hug. I also love how quickly he can fall asleep at family functions, his Boston accent, and how he teases the family.

Jose Gilberto Ferran (Lacey's Maternal Grandfather)- We would just call him Gilbert or Gil. I of course would call him Grandpa. Grandpa was the closest thing I had to a father growing up. There's so much I would want to say about him. He called me his 'Lacey Baby' and I miss him so very much. He cared and loved his family so much. He would do anything for them, give anything to them. He taught me to drive & fish. I loved his nervous twitches (jingling his change) and his impatience. I love how much of him I see in Dakota. What I love most about him is how much he loved me. I felt it in every fiber of my being.







Christopher Joseph Leone (Lacey's Dad)-
Like I said above, I have very little memories of when I was little, thus very little memories of my dad. I have a good memory of him teaching me to ride a bike and another with kittens. I wish I got to know him more. I miss him. What I love most about him is that he is my dad. He's a part of me. It probably sounds simple, but it's not so to me.

3 comments:

  1. I don't mind at all!! I'm actually flattered that I (of all people) inspired you! Beautiful post by the way!! And a happy (technically) first father's day to Ty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you made me cry... and miss grandpa a little more then most days.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I'm a little jealous of your great pictures to go with your post.... I was going to do pictures, but since I didn't have pictures of everyone, I thought it was best to leave them out all together.... maybe next year though I'll plan ahead a little better!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: