Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

15 weeks left and counting!

I'm 25 weeks already! Only 15 more to go. We're getting really excited and this whole baby thing is getting more and more real the faster time flies by. We're slowly preparing, but more than that it feels like we're just trying to catch up on life! Summer is always so busy for us. Me with work, Tyler with his projects. We attempted a babymoon in Kauai in May, but since that didn't work out so well (read here...and here...and another post will be coming) we're going to try again for a short babymoon over my birthday in California.

How Far Along: 25 weeks

Weight Gained: 8 pounds

Belly Growth: 25 Centimeters

Heart Beat: around 150 bpm (She woke him up :)

Size of the Baby: about 13.5 inches (head to heels), about 1.5 pounds

Movement: He's been moving quite frequently now. At least a few times day. It seems everyday around 3 p.m. he gets a little active. Also after I eat. Baby and Daddy have been bonding each night as well. Tyler will put his ear to my belly and talk to him. He's kicked him in the face each time. It's so precious to us both. He thoroughly enjoys playing with my bladder-which is quite painful at times. At our last visit we also found out that his head was down. I hope he stays that way, but we still have a ways to go. Dakota also felt him this past month. I didn't really think he would kick for him, but he gave him a nice big kick. It was pretty hilarious. It freaked him out, he pulled his hand away with an 'ahh!'. Loved it!

Food Craving/Aversions: Ahhh...food. How I love it again! I've been a little more hungry lately, but not much more than normal. I can usually tell I'm more hungry when baby is having a growing spurt. I'm adverse to coffee still. It's not horrible, just not pleasant. I crave anything sweet and also Italian food. I just want to visit Fazoli's in Sandy...for some reason Tyler thinks it's too far away!

What I Miss: Working out! It's finally getting to me. 6 months without my normal exercise is sad. I finally signed up for a prenatal yoga class and start it next Thursday. I'm so excited! I also miss being able to breathe normally and not having a basketball sized growth on the front of my tummy (I do love that basketball though). I of course miss my coffee too, it was such a comfort!

Symptoms: No nausea-yay again! I guess I do feel sick if I haven't eaten for a while, but that doesn't happen very often. I'm growing a lot, but mostly just feeling good. I love the second trimester!

Best Moment This Past Month: Having Tyler be able to feel Peanut. Also we both were able to see him move as well. That was amazing!

Most Awkward Moment This Past Month: An experience I had this past month qualifies for new category on my pregnancy blog posts. I was in SLC at an event with some international team members. As I was helping our Japanese group check in, 2 of the ladies noticed I was pregnant and come over to rub my Buddha belly. They sat with their hands on my belly for a few minutes (which felt like hours), however this was not the awkward part...or at least the most awkward part. One of the ladies was trying to tell me (in Japanese!) that she has 3 boys, then the other lady next to me started talking as well. She was probably my age. When I didn't understand her, she grabbed my hand and placed it on her left breast....yes. Her hand was over my hand and she was intensely trying to make a point to me. It felt like FOREVER that I was standing there, in the Hilton Lobby, with my hand on her breast. Well she let me have my hand back after I pretended to understand what she was saying. I assume that she was trying to tell me she was breastfeeding...or something. Not quite sure. That was however the most awkward moment this month...probably this year! Lesson learned? ALWAYS pretend to understand what the Japanese women are saying. Just nod yes.

Other: We have our crib now. I'm so excited to set it up, but we have some painting and re-arranging to do first. Now I just need the recliner and a dresser/changing table. Also, this summer is going by so fast! We're planning a baby shower on July 30th and I'm really excited that were going to make it co-ed so Tyler can join in the fun (not that he's too crazy about the idea, hehe).

This is my baby bump at about 23.5 weeks.


25 weeks and growing! I think I may be arching my back a little...


“We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him.” – I Samuel 1:27

2 comments:

  1. I don't think awkward is the word for that... pregnant or not thats just flat out weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bama, how insane!! Especially for you! But you look radiant, I just love your basketball ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: