Tyler's turned 26 this year! I can't believe we're both now over 25. It feels sooo old! He had to work and go to school on his birthday so we weren't able to spend a lot of time celebrating (plus after 21, birthdays aren't as cool). However I did wake up at 3:45 a.m. to make him cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Before he went to work I gave him his birthday gift.
If you're an original blog reader, you know that I am usually AMAZING at getting Tyler a memorable gift (in my opinion;). It's always a super surprise. The first year we were married, I made him take a side-trip to St. George on the way to Las Vegas to visit our friends Kelly and Bula. He didn't know why I insisted on staying the night in St. George (especially when I already had the hotel reservation made). The next morning I woke him up early and headed to the old air strip. Tyler got a ride on the powered parachute. It was great.
The next year, I arranged private skimboarding lessons with Paulo Prietto (the world champion). We planned a vacation to California, and one morning I insisted on going to Laguna Beach. This was great too.
Last year, instead of going to Southern California for a quick summer vacation, I begged to try out Monterrey and Carmel. We had such a great time. Tyler was able to skimboard, then I surprised with with Blue Angels Air Show tickets. He's always wanted to see the Blue Angels.
So this year you can see I was under a lot of pressure to give Tyler a great gift! Tyler even had a little fun with it by saying statements like "How are you going to pass up the last 3 years" or "I know this years gift is going to be SOOO amazing!". We have a lot of fun with adding pressure each year, lol.
However I was all out. I had NO ideas! This summer has been so busy I haven't even had the time to consider what he would like! So, one thing I know Tyler is always wanting is car parts. He LOVES working on his car, making it nicer, faster, getting it ready to race. He always uses gift money from his parents to buy car parts, so this year I decided to give him something he can really use. Money.
I just couldn't hand him money-that's not exciting and it's not really me. Abby gave me a great idea to make it a little more fun. Watch the video below. (Remember it's 4 a.m.)
Tyler was actually really excited for the new socks.

Tyler and Evan has found a new favorite sport-Flo Riding. They have one at the Lindon Aquatics Center. That Saturday for his birthday, we joined Evan and spent the day at the Flo Rider. They both did a great job!

If you're an original blog reader, you know that I am usually AMAZING at getting Tyler a memorable gift (in my opinion;). It's always a super surprise. The first year we were married, I made him take a side-trip to St. George on the way to Las Vegas to visit our friends Kelly and Bula. He didn't know why I insisted on staying the night in St. George (especially when I already had the hotel reservation made). The next morning I woke him up early and headed to the old air strip. Tyler got a ride on the powered parachute. It was great.
The next year, I arranged private skimboarding lessons with Paulo Prietto (the world champion). We planned a vacation to California, and one morning I insisted on going to Laguna Beach. This was great too.
Last year, instead of going to Southern California for a quick summer vacation, I begged to try out Monterrey and Carmel. We had such a great time. Tyler was able to skimboard, then I surprised with with Blue Angels Air Show tickets. He's always wanted to see the Blue Angels.
So this year you can see I was under a lot of pressure to give Tyler a great gift! Tyler even had a little fun with it by saying statements like "How are you going to pass up the last 3 years" or "I know this years gift is going to be SOOO amazing!". We have a lot of fun with adding pressure each year, lol.
However I was all out. I had NO ideas! This summer has been so busy I haven't even had the time to consider what he would like! So, one thing I know Tyler is always wanting is car parts. He LOVES working on his car, making it nicer, faster, getting it ready to race. He always uses gift money from his parents to buy car parts, so this year I decided to give him something he can really use. Money.
I just couldn't hand him money-that's not exciting and it's not really me. Abby gave me a great idea to make it a little more fun. Watch the video below. (Remember it's 4 a.m.)
Tyler was actually really excited for the new socks.
Tyler and Evan has found a new favorite sport-Flo Riding. They have one at the Lindon Aquatics Center. That Saturday for his birthday, we joined Evan and spent the day at the Flo Rider. They both did a great job!



I'll quote anjul listening from the table
ReplyDelete"haha it's tyler and lacey and tyler had fun opening the socks"
I love how long that took! You are SOoo cute!
ReplyDelete