We received sad/glad news in the last month. Our Youth Pastor Jim Powell and his family are moving to Maryland. It's actually a great thing. God is going to do something amazing in both the Powell's life and Centerpoint Youth. Jim is going to be the Worship Pastor at a new church. We are sad to see the Powell's go though. Over the 4 or so years they have been there, we've grown to be friends with them. I've always looked up to Kristen and was so excited for her guidance when it came time for us to have children. Jim is so fun to be around and such a great leader. The kids have loved him! I've admired so much that he's not afraid of change to find the perfect environment for the youth to learn and build a relationship with Jesus.
We had probably our last leadership meeting with him in July-actually it was an end of year party. I realized that I have never taken photos of these meetings. They're a lot of fun with great food, friends, and sometimes and little Jack Bauer. I decided to document this last one-so years down the road we can look back and remember fondly-the Powells.
We found a great new game this summer at camp: Cornhole! We had a tournament which Sara and Evan won.

Sara and Kristen (and Thomas)

Tyler and Jim (and Thomas again)

Evan and Sara, Kristen, Kelcey, Steve, and Rivka

Chris, Abby, Tyler, Jim, and Thomas

Moises and Nick

It seems Tyler and I have the same stance-must be a married thing.


Abby throws like a girl-hehe
The meeting was a day after Tyler's birthday, so they made him cake and we sang him Happy Birthday!


Jack was excited (and a little shy) to join in.
Abby made fun of me for taking this photo, however this is what I remember about leadership meetings. After the fun and the food, we get together and talk.

Pastor Jim doing his thing...:)
We had probably our last leadership meeting with him in July-actually it was an end of year party. I realized that I have never taken photos of these meetings. They're a lot of fun with great food, friends, and sometimes and little Jack Bauer. I decided to document this last one-so years down the road we can look back and remember fondly-the Powells.
We found a great new game this summer at camp: Cornhole! We had a tournament which Sara and Evan won.
Sara and Kristen (and Thomas)
Tyler and Jim (and Thomas again)
Evan and Sara, Kristen, Kelcey, Steve, and Rivka
Chris, Abby, Tyler, Jim, and Thomas
Moises and Nick
It seems Tyler and I have the same stance-must be a married thing.
Abby throws like a girl-hehe
The meeting was a day after Tyler's birthday, so they made him cake and we sang him Happy Birthday!
Jack was excited (and a little shy) to join in.
Abby made fun of me for taking this photo, however this is what I remember about leadership meetings. After the fun and the food, we get together and talk.
Pastor Jim doing his thing...:)



Oh ok, now this makes sense! I had no idea how you did this when it showed up in my email!! So funny, how long it took me to realize it was from your blog!
ReplyDeletethat looks like fun, poor dakota, I hope he will still go to youth group.
ReplyDelete