Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bluebirds, Borders, and Bye-byes

So just a few random photos from this July...

I held an event for work in Park City (Team Manager Academy). It was a fun low key event in Park City. Tyler, my mom, and Dakota were able to come up on Saturday night. The hotel was awesome and gave me a complimentary room for both Dakota and my mom, so they had their own room. Dakota loved it!

One of the highlights for me during this event (since most of it was a lot of waking up early and working all day and night) was the Bluebird Cafe at Sundance. The Bluebird Cafe is a Singer/Songwriter series from Nashville, TN. I wasn't expecting a lot, but I ended up loving it. You know all those country songs the popular country singers sing? Well someone has to write them...and these were the people. The songwriters tour with the Bluebird Cafe, and every year they come to Sundance.



I loved the outdoor stage. It was so charming with the evergreen backdrop and the dimming sky.

It was so awesome seeing the person who originally wrote and sang songs like "That's my story and I'm sticking to it" and "You know me better than that", both written by Tony Haselden. Also, Gary Burr wrote the songs "Before Your Love" recorded by Kelly Clarkson and "This is the Night" recorded by Clay Aiken. My favorite though was probably Georgia Middleman. Faith Hill and Martina McBride has recorded songs she wrote.


*Tony Haselden, Georgia Middleman, & Gary Burr

The next week Abby and I had our weekly coffee night at Borders. We couldn't ignore this snoring guy in the corner! Seriously-snoring loud!



Also this month, a friend at work has left us. Doug Atwood-a favored employee had his last day at Synergy. We put together a group of friends and went out to The Olive Garden. It was such a fun group!


1 comment:

Share your thoughts: