There is still so much more of Greece I have to show you all! I love looking back at it a month later, but it also panics me because this could take FOREVER! So to in an effort to get this done before Christmas, I'll combine the rest of Santorini in one post.
We spent our second day in Santorini enjoying Oia. It is such a beautiful picturesque town. I could have taken a million photos!
Below is The east side of Oia (Caldera side*)-view from the west, looking east.



*The Caldera side is the cliff side looking towards the volcano.
We found a favorite cafe on our first night in Oia. We were picking out desert, and this cute little old Greek guy just comes up to Tyler and hands him some nuts. It was so funny. I look back and they're just standing next to each other, eating nuts like old friends. We loved going back!
We ate breakfast here on Day 2. We loved the Greek coffee. Tyler has a Frappe and I have a Cappuccino Freddo.


Tyler and Lacey with our new friend.
We took the classic cobblestone windy pathways to the west tip of Oia. So many stairs, and so many places to explore!
I love the blue dome roofs on the churches.

Tyler was really excited to choose which path-up or down???
There was a great viewpoint on the west tip of Oia.

*The famous Oia windmills
Amoudi Bay. The water was sooo blue and clear-like glass. You can see right down to the bottom.


We ate lunch on Amoudi Bay. The waiter took us in the kitchen to pick out the fish we wanted.

We did our research and found out about a local favorite cliff jumping spot. It was a lot of fun! We met some fun Greek guys that loved Tyler's skills. They also seemed to enjoy watching me chicken out and only jumping off of the little platform. Especially the second time when my dive formation slipped (if you can even call it that) and I ended slapping my legs on the water, hehe.


After our swim, we went to visit Fira (the main port town). Fira is sooo busy with cruise visitors. It was beautiful town, though I still favor Oia.

Loved seeing the donkeys walking down the paths.
From Fira you get a beautiful view of the volcano.

After the afternoon in Fira, we found a beautiful place on the east side of Oia to get a photo of the town just before sunset.

Sunset's in Oia are supposed to be the best in the world. Yes Oia is gorgeous and the orange color above the white washed buildings on the cliff was beautiful, however during our stay there was an ocean fog that interfered with every sunset we tried to see! This was the best we got before the sun disappeared in the mist.

As you can see, hundreds of people flock to see this sunset.

Our last day in Santorini we slept in a little and enjoyed breakfast at our hotel. We had such a great view, I could have sat there all day!

*Tyler HATES yogurt, so I had to document him trying Greek Yogurt with Honey. He liked it 'okay'. P.S.-BEST YOGURT IN THE WORLD!
We spent our last day driving around the southern part of Santorini. We loved Vilchada beach. As you can see the beach 'walls' are carved out by the wind over the years. It was amazing!

We also visited the lookout over Red Beach. A highlight for a food enthusiast-watching the locals sun-dry the tomatoes. I couldn't leave without a jar.
Red Beach was so unique and we would have loved to stay, but it is considered the 'topless beach' of Santorini...which we got a pretty good view from this viewpoint, so we decided elsewhere would work just as well.

Tyler was so excited to rent a scooter, so our last evening in Santorini we did just that. We rented a scooter for the night and went speeding around Fira and the surrounding towns.

If you want to see videos of the road in Greece, enjoy the videos:

The view from Imerovigli

After checking out Red Beach and White Beach we headed out to the light house on the southern-west point of Santorini. From here you get a great view of Fira, Oia, and the Volcano.


That evening, we boarded the midnight Blue Star ferry to Rhodes. We loved our time on Santorini. It was so romantic, beautiful, and by far our favorite island.
We spent our second day in Santorini enjoying Oia. It is such a beautiful picturesque town. I could have taken a million photos!
Below is The east side of Oia (Caldera side*)-view from the west, looking east.
*The Caldera side is the cliff side looking towards the volcano.
We found a favorite cafe on our first night in Oia. We were picking out desert, and this cute little old Greek guy just comes up to Tyler and hands him some nuts. It was so funny. I look back and they're just standing next to each other, eating nuts like old friends. We loved going back!
We ate breakfast here on Day 2. We loved the Greek coffee. Tyler has a Frappe and I have a Cappuccino Freddo.
Tyler and Lacey with our new friend.
We took the classic cobblestone windy pathways to the west tip of Oia. So many stairs, and so many places to explore!
I love the blue dome roofs on the churches.
Tyler was really excited to choose which path-up or down???
There was a great viewpoint on the west tip of Oia.
*The famous Oia windmills
Amoudi Bay. The water was sooo blue and clear-like glass. You can see right down to the bottom.
We ate lunch on Amoudi Bay. The waiter took us in the kitchen to pick out the fish we wanted.
We did our research and found out about a local favorite cliff jumping spot. It was a lot of fun! We met some fun Greek guys that loved Tyler's skills. They also seemed to enjoy watching me chicken out and only jumping off of the little platform. Especially the second time when my dive formation slipped (if you can even call it that) and I ended slapping my legs on the water, hehe.
After our swim, we went to visit Fira (the main port town). Fira is sooo busy with cruise visitors. It was beautiful town, though I still favor Oia.
Loved seeing the donkeys walking down the paths.
From Fira you get a beautiful view of the volcano.
After the afternoon in Fira, we found a beautiful place on the east side of Oia to get a photo of the town just before sunset.
Sunset's in Oia are supposed to be the best in the world. Yes Oia is gorgeous and the orange color above the white washed buildings on the cliff was beautiful, however during our stay there was an ocean fog that interfered with every sunset we tried to see! This was the best we got before the sun disappeared in the mist.
As you can see, hundreds of people flock to see this sunset.
Our last day in Santorini we slept in a little and enjoyed breakfast at our hotel. We had such a great view, I could have sat there all day!
*Tyler HATES yogurt, so I had to document him trying Greek Yogurt with Honey. He liked it 'okay'. P.S.-BEST YOGURT IN THE WORLD!
We spent our last day driving around the southern part of Santorini. We loved Vilchada beach. As you can see the beach 'walls' are carved out by the wind over the years. It was amazing!
We also visited the lookout over Red Beach. A highlight for a food enthusiast-watching the locals sun-dry the tomatoes. I couldn't leave without a jar.
Red Beach was so unique and we would have loved to stay, but it is considered the 'topless beach' of Santorini...which we got a pretty good view from this viewpoint, so we decided elsewhere would work just as well.

Tyler was so excited to rent a scooter, so our last evening in Santorini we did just that. We rented a scooter for the night and went speeding around Fira and the surrounding towns.
If you want to see videos of the road in Greece, enjoy the videos:
The view from Imerovigli
After checking out Red Beach and White Beach we headed out to the light house on the southern-west point of Santorini. From here you get a great view of Fira, Oia, and the Volcano.
That evening, we boarded the midnight Blue Star ferry to Rhodes. We loved our time on Santorini. It was so romantic, beautiful, and by far our favorite island.



It looks like so much fun, LOVE the donkey! I love the architecture. By the way Yopliat sells a "Greek" brand that has a honey flavor! I member tyler hating those yogurt bars lol!
ReplyDeleteYes! I get the Yoplait Greek Yogurt. It's a food staple for me. Great source of protein.
ReplyDeleteLove those pictures! Simply gorgeous! Especially the one with the blue door, I may want a copy of that!! Thanks for sharing this, makes me feel like I was there, well, almost ;)
ReplyDelete