The past 4 months or so I have taken a liking to walking/running. It is a great aerobic exercise and I love tracking my progress. So for my birthday I was pleasantly surprised at a few gifts I received.
First, Tyler gave me new running shoes. Yay! My old ones were old!

Second, Abby gave me the Nike+ Sports Kit and Sports band. I was super excited.

You put this little pod in the bottom of your shoe. Which I found out that Tyler and Abby collaborated and made sure to get me Nike+ shoes-so they already had a little spot made for the pod.

Then with some birthday money I received from Tyler's parents, I got the Nike+ Heart Rate Monitor.

The online Nike+ account has some great programs built in. It will show you the speed and heart rate of every second of your run, it has a coach program, goals, and my favorite-the Mini Me. Well when I started she was sitting on a couch playing a video game. So I had to get her moving. Look at her now:

I loved all these gifts! So since July, I started tracking my progress. Nike+ has levels, you start at Yellow, move up to Orange, then to Green and so on. I'm moving up pretty slow since lately I've just been walking to keep my heart rate around 126. However, I just hit a new level so I'm super excited! Look at this cute video they made for me.



haha I'm an athlete, I get it! Proud of you I love the pod thing
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous of all your cool toys! And could they have picked a weirder actor for that?? Seriously has he ever done anything athletic? EVER??
ReplyDeleteYou have no idea...I am SO proud of you! :)
ReplyDelete