Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dakota's Special Olympics

I'm so proud of my baby brother. Most of you know Dakota has Autism. This year he participated in the Utah Special Olympics with the BYU team. He had sooo much fun. Practice was every Tuesday and Saturday. He loved spending time with the other teammates and the coaches.

Here's my favorite video from practice:



I love the skipping!

The actual games were held the end of May.

That evening they held the opening ceremonies. He had a blast!

Dakota did awesome the next Game Day. He was seriously the star of the show. The coaches loved him. He also made a good friend-40 year old Mark. They hung out ALL day after the games.

The closing award ceremonies left Dakota feeling so good. We are all so proud of him.

Fun family photo:
2010 BYU Special Olympics Team photo:

3 comments:

  1. I love how happy all the kids are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so, so stinkin cute! When Dakota become such a man?? Facial hair and everything *sigh*

    BTW, couldn't get the video to work :( says I'm not invited??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, best video I've seen in awhile!! :D Sorry it took me so long to see it after you told me, had to make it on my run, that the dang dog made me run twice as slow! I know I've said it before, but she's NEVER going with me again!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: