Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Tiny Bite out of the Big Apple

So...now that were all caught up on the year...onto our recent vacation blogs. These blogs will be spaced out a little, I know you don't want ALL the information and photos at once ;). Plus, it keeps the rest of our summer interesting.

This June, Tyler and I took our DREAM VACATION to GREECE! Here's Tyler at the SLC Airport. We took the red eye delta flight to JFK.


On the way there, we made a quick stop in NYC. Since we had a 10 hour layover, we decided to make the most of it and visit this great city. We've only been once before and missed a very important sight-The Statue of Liberty!

Well I did my research and once we got out of the airport, we would only have about 6 hours in NYC. It's not quite enough time to visit Liberty Island because of security lines. So we did the next best thing-the Staten Island Ferry. Even better-it's free :)

So we hopped on the Metro, stopped for breakfast at Au Bon Pain-yummy, saw a few of NYC pretty buildings and churches, and headed to Battery Park.


Once the ferry left the port, you get a marvelous view of south Manhattan.


It was really exciting approaching Liberty Island. It was a great experience to think of what the Statue of Liberty means. How our ancestors must have felt coming into the United States and passing by such a symbol of freedom. I loved it!

Left: Statue of Liberty
Right: Ellis Island



Beautiful Lady Liberty herself. It was amazing just passing by. I can't wait till the day we go back and actually visit Liberty Island and Ellis Island.


2 comments:

  1. Oh just seeing that makes me miss it! The island is amazing, and I miss H&M!! LUCKY

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should plan on seeing the inside of the Statue of Liberty together, since I've never been there either! Ah, we could add SO many side trips to Forks!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: