I'm sitting here next to my little 3 week old Elijah and I can't believe my pregnancy is over already. It went by so quickly. However thinking it's been almost a year makes it seem long. I attempted to keep good track of all appointments and little details during the pregnancy.
January 27th: Positive Pregnancy Test!!
February 17th: First appointment with the New Beginning Midwives (136 lbs-including leftover fall/holiday weight)
March 8th: First appointment with OB-Dr. Judd. We were trying to decide between midwives and an OB. This was our very first ultrasound as well-we heard Elijah's heartbeat and saw his little peanut form for the first time on this day. (132 lbs)
April 17th: Visit to the emergency room. Had our second ultrasound and found out that our little peanut was a BOY!
April 28th: Met with the best Doula ever-Angie Rosier. I totally left Target with a girl crush-such an amazing asset to our birth team.
May 16th: 20 wk ultrasound at UVRMC. His gender (BOY) was confirmed. We also got to take the whole ultrasound home on DVD.
May 19th: 20 wk appt with Midwives.
June 1st: Genetic Counseling appointment at UVRMC. We were looking into our family history of Von Wildebrands.
July 12th: 28 wk appt with Midwives. I had to take the horrible Glucose test-luckily I passed! (151 lbs)
July 30th: Baby Shower!
August 3rd-September 7th: Child Birthing Classes every Wednesday with Megan Marshall. We were the only students and had a great time. Tyler fell asleep a lot.
August 16th: Visit with Angie Rosier (Doula)
August 22nd: 34.5 wk appt with Midwives. (154 lbs)
September 7th: 37 wk appt with Midwives. First check-already at 1.5 cm, 60% effaced, and baby was at a -1 position. Obviously numbers mean nothing. We still had a month to go! (156 lbs)
September 15th: Last visit with Angie Rosier (Doula) before our birthing time.
September 15th: 38 wk appt with Midwives. Had to go to the hospital for a non-stress test due to a low heart beat in the office. His heart rate was perfect during the test. (160 lbs-ouch!)
September 22nd: 39 wk appt. (159 lbs)
September 29th: 40 wk appt. Medical-Estimated Due Date (not the one we were going off of). Second check-progressed to 4cm, 60% effaced, and -1 position. (160 lbs)
September 30th: Last day of work before Maternity Leave. I had to start twice a week non-stress tests. Everything was great! Also went to the Chiropractor to see if he could start labor, which did something, but it was more of a false alarm that night.
October 3rd: 40 w 4 d appt. 4.5 cm, 80% effaced, and -1 position (160 lbs)
October 5th: Due Date! 40 w 6 d appt. 5 cm, 90% effaced, and 0 position. Decided to have membranes stripped. Hoping to go into labor soon!
October 6th: Went into the office to get my membranes stripped again. Light contractions started (and ended) this afternoon. 5.5 cm, 90% effaced, 0 position.
October 7th: My Guess Date-I was 1 day off! I went into L&D that morning for a non-stress test and Dena Walker (my favorite midwife) was there to strip my membranes again-'The Dena Strip'. 6-7 cm, 90%, 0 position. Checked in to hospital that afternoon at 8 cm, 100%.
October 8th: Elijah's Birthday!!!



Wow! You did great tracking all of this! Way to go on keeping that boy in you for so long, and he's perfect!
ReplyDelete