Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

40 weeks!!!

Peanut and my pregnancy has officially hit 40 weeks. It's a little surreal being here. Even at my weekly appointment it didn't quick click. I've loved pregnancy so far. The last 6 months especially have been great. I haven't been too uncomfortable or too impatient. Our little baby is growing and moving great. I've had no health issues come up. All of my appointments have gone perfect. We've been so blessed. I'm actually sad to know that it could be over soon-of course it will all be perfect because then the fun will really start.

I know I'll miss feeling our little boy squirm inside of me. I'll miss listening to Tyler and him converse every night-the thought of which makes me tear up every night now. I'll miss feeling every hiccup. I'll miss how much he needs me right now. I'll miss his crazy moments when I swear he's taken up a Zumba class. I'll miss having an excuse to stop and grab a sweet treat. I'll miss Tyler rubbing and kissing my belly. I'll miss this round belly and rubbing it myself.

Luckily once the pregnancy ends, being a parent to a perfect little boy begins. That is definitely something to look forward to and be excited about. I'll trade pregnancy in for that.

How Far Along: 40 weeks

Weight Gained: 24 pounds

Belly Growth: 40 centimeters

Size of the Baby: about 19-21 inches and approximately 6-8 pounds

Movement: I feel like I'm repeating myself, but his movement is amazing. Some days he'll be extremely active, he'll have Tyler and I laughing every evening. Other days, he'll be a little slow and tired, and we call those his growing days (however he's not growing as much now).

Food Craving/Aversions: Everything is normal in this area. I can't think of anything out of place.

What I Miss: As I said last month, right now I'm very content. I do miss the feeling in my fingertips and hands! I also miss my clothes fitting. I've made a stand against buying any more maternity clothes, but the ones I have are getting a little tight.

Symptoms: Same as the past few posts. Nothing new :). Bathroom trips at night I WON'T miss, especially since getting out of bed proves difficult. I've tried to convince Tyler to install some kind of rope to pull myself up, but that's yet to be done.

Best Moment This Past Month: I'm not sure if one sticks out this past month. Probably the most memorable feeling is Tyler and I realizing that he could be here anytime. Our lives will change in that moment. We can't wait to bring him home. Oh, also getting a pedicure was pretty awesome. One because I can't reach my toes and they were pretty desperate, and two because it was relaxing and I chose blue in celebrate of our little boy.



Also, I begin my Maternity Leave tomorrow from work. This was also somehow bittersweet. I can't wait to take 12 weeks off-yay! However I'll miss my friends at work and I'll actually miss m job a little. Claudia, Whitney & I celebrated with one last trip to Starbucks.


*Please ignore the stain on my belly. I can't see that far down anymore.

Here I am at 40 weeks.



I'm not sure how I feel about posting this photo, but I think bare belly photos really show how big your belly is, so for the record-my belly is BIG.



Hopefully our next post will be introducing our little guy to the world. I guess we'll see how content he is inside me for now.

“From the fullness of grace we have received one blessing after another” - John 1:16

4 comments:

  1. For the record, you look ADORABLE! We are so excited to meet this most amazing little man. Enjoy the moments to come, it will be fabulous. Much love to all 3 of you soon. Love, Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, you look ADORABLE! We are so excited to meet this most amazing little man. Enjoy the moments to come, it will be fabulous. Much love to all 3 of you soon. Love, Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow check out that belly! You are so cute and I can't wait for him to come on out. I've heard pedicures are a important part of pregnancy... it never mattered to me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Oh my gosh, I just CAN'T wait!! And you look amazing as you have the entire time! I sometimes still miss being pregnant too, but at the same time I remember how hard it was on me! But yeah, can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: