Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

What my traveling job is really like...

Most of you know I complain about traveling for my job. Most of you think I am crazy. Especially after posts like this, this and this. However I stated in the Maui post, I try to only remember and document the 'fun' and 'beautiful' parts of traveling. I never try to remember the majority of the trip. For my credibility however, I finally want to show you what a lot of my travel entails (good and the bad).

I had to do a spur of the moment Las Vegas trip in August. We are going to hold our 2011 Summit there, but I had to make sure the space worked for this event. I booked the flight on Friday for Monday morning. I would fly there, check out the space, and fly home that afternoon. All in a days work :).

I will admit, there are fun things about my travel. Perks, I could say. Like getting upgraded to first class on domestic flights.



Or, being picked up in an old 1980's white limo, lol.



The majority however looks like this:



I know, you probably still don't feel bad for me, but maybe you have a better idea of my work travels. Plus no matter how lame the work trip is, there is always something that brightens my day when traveling.



On the flight home as we were landing in SLC, I got a beautiful view of the marshy area of the Great Salt Lake. Gorgeous.




4 comments:

  1. I feel bad... I have seen you at work you get stressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the bad! But, I'd still say the good outweighs the bad! But, I wouldn't really know for that matter, since my work never sends me farther than SL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I should probably blog more about the emotional impact it has on me. No destination is worth that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! Because yes, people probably assume your job is all play and fun, but you are still working!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: