Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Norway Part III

After Vigeland Park, we took the stroll towards the Oslofjord to have lunch at Akerbrygge. We passed by beautiful large apartments on the way there.






*Akershus Fortress


After lunch and ice cream (yay!), we went to look around Akershus Fortress. It was a very pretty place.


















*A beautiful square just past Akerbrygge.

That afternoon after saying farewell to Inga; Guenther, Louise, and I headed north to Rodelokka. I read online that in this town, there were 2 roads (Langgata) with 'traditional' Norwegian' homes. It was worth the metro trip. I thoroughly enjoyed the walk back into time.
















* I thought this was a great idea. A picnic bench in a cemetery. Brilliant.


* My dream house would look like this.





That evening we went back to Karl's Johan Gate for a quick dinner and a few quick night shots.





The next morning, we left Oslo. My next stop-Paris. I was so excited to fly over France and even have a layover in the airport. This was the closest I was going to be in Paris for probably a very long time.

On our way to Paris, we were blessed with a beautiful sunrise.



*Love this shot from the plane. Some castle in France.


*Look how green it is!

Yay! Welcome to France!


Oh and I almost forgot. In Paris, I visited this cute little boutique-Laduree. It's was listed as one of the top 10 Boutiques to visit. They sell very yummy Macaroons-the best ever.


1 comment:

  1. Why don't we have the picnic Benches here? I think that is a great idea...
    I am wondering if that is the same cup of coffee in both pictures????
    Beautiful and Amazing I know you don't get a lot of time but the things you get to see....!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: