Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Land of the Midnight Sun-Norway Part I

First of all, I LOVE Norway's nickname-Land of the Midnight Sun. There's a few reasons, first of all it's just romantic. Second, any connection to Twilight usually makes anything an automatic favorite.


*Left: Beautiful sunrise from the plane. Right: Oslo, Norway

My recent trip to Oslo, Norway was short and sweet. We arrived and were able to look around the city a little bit before my event started. The event went well, and I was happy when Sunday came around. Sunday was a day off for me and my travel partners. I hardly ever get free time when traveling, and it helped made the trip a little more 'worth it'.


* Oslo, Norway...see the Palace and the ski-jump


*Lacey, Inga (from Sweden), and Louise (she works at Synergy with me and is from Sweden as well).


Our first stop was the Opera House. You could walk up on the roof. It had a spectacular view.










*The Radisson Blu, our hotel




*Akershus Castle

Next, we headed down Karl's Johan Gate (Rd.) towards the Royal Palace.




*I LOVED this fountain


Guenther, Lacey, Louise, and Inga (The first 3 work at Synergy) in front of the Theater.


*The National Theater


*The University


*The beautiful Grand Hotel


*Stortinget (Parliament)



The Royal Palace is at the end of Karl Johan's Gate. I loved this road.



*The Royal Palace


*Louise, Kenneth (our friend from Norway), Lacey, and Guenther

We were able to see the changing of the guards when we visited the Palace.



1 comment:

  1. you work with someone name Guenther how awesome is that? It looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: