Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Land of the Rising Sun

I know I've disappeared this past month. So Sorry! However, can I say how oh-so-nice it's been not adding another to-do on my list, hehe. Even though, I can't let my blog go empty. It's just not how Ashley Graf (awesome friend who left me at Synergy almost all alone) trained me to blog. So here goes!

I got back from Japan at the end of November-the 23rd to be exact. Yes, I missed the New Moon premier-I'll get to that later. It was a good trip. It went by quickly. I was there for work-our 10th Anniversary Global Summit. My second day there, my co-worker (and excellent travel partner) Karen, took the train system from Makuhari to our Tokyo office. We worked a little and on our way back via the ever popular Tokyo Station, and stopped at the Imperial Palace.

Now, as far as I understood it-which could be very little, you can only access the grounds of the East Gardens. So we did just that.


It was so cold and wet, but it was nice to see a little of Japanese culture. Japan is mostly city scenes, it's not the traditional stuff you think of.




The next day, we had tours for work. A lady totally got hit by a car! Talk about an Event Managers nightmare. It worked itself out, except I had to go on the tour bus to our office-again, and a few stops around Tokyo. Our last stop was Asakusa. It is a Buddhist temple and shopping strip.


So the event was successful. Everything went well, my feet didn't bleed and I got to come home to my sweet husband!

A Japanese Swan

Here's the exciting part. As soon as I got off the plane, we grabbed a bite to eat and headed straight to the American Fork Cinemark. What jet lag? I got to see New Moon! I was so excited. In Japan when someone mentioned the premier I almost cried, so this helped a little. It was SOOOOO good. I can't wait to see it again. Christ Weitz is a GENIUS!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics, especially Jacob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen it a third time yet???

    ReplyDelete
  3. K I bet you about died when that person got hit by a car! What a nightmare at an event in general, but especially in a foreign country. I'm glad the rest of it went well! It must be nice to have that out of the way. Too bad you didn't get any OT pay for it though... oh well :-)

    I'm especially glad you got to see New Moon. I totally thought of you the night it came out and how much you were probably suffering in Japan at that exact moment. Seriously, didn't those men know better than to plan the Summit over a Twilight premiere? Haha.

    Also, thanks for the shoutout! What's your work schedule like next week? I'm coming to town and would LOVE to see you, if only for a little bit...

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: