Psalm 66:5, "Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf." (NIV)
Psalm 66:16, "Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me." (NIV)
Psalm 66:16, "Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me." (NIV)
After reading a great devotional by Proverbs 31 Ministries, I decided it's about time I document all the amazing things God has done for Tyler and I. So often we go to God with our list of needs, but it is so important to take time and thank him for what he as already done. To concentrate on all the good things and ignore the bad. To "notice the abundance instead of the lack".
Just in the last year, God has done so much in our lives.
He's kept our family safe, intact, happy.
He's blessed Tyler with a great job after being unemployed for 6 months. Tyler's has now been hired full time-such a blessing. He's amazed us with how he can go so much further than we expect by not only showing Tyler which path to take for school and career, but also providing the school-new in our area, and then even going further by giving Tyler a FULL scholarship.
He's continued to provide me with an amazing job. One that meets and exceeds our needs. One that provides opportunities to travel and see this world he's given us (and even bring Tyler along). He's given me the talent and knowledge to do my job and do it well.
God's blessed us with first the knowledge and self control to save up for a 2 week trip to Greece. We seriously couldn't have done this without him. He blessed us with a bonus from my company and the rest of the money for this trip. Sometimes I would look in our bank account and seriously wonder where excess money came from. He's so faithful to provide when we call on him! Secondly, we actually went to Greece! Both our jobs gave us the time off. Tyler's school gave him the time off. Everything else feel into place perfectly. Still it amazes me that we have been there, done that. God is faithful to provide even our trivial dreams.
He's continued to bless us with great friends to surround ourselves with. He's given Tyler a fun environment to work and go to school in. It's easy to forget that God understands the little things in life too. He's blessed me with an amazing friendship. Again, God understands how that close relationship between 2 women is so important in life. I prayed for years for God to bring me a great friend and I'm still amazed this many years later how he pulled through-more than I could have expected. There's also so many other friends that I continue thank God for.
The Gym! I love that God has blessed me with an amazing gym membership and fun workout partners. It's been such a good thing in my life.
He was with Tyler when he totaled his car this year. It was such a scary thing, but not a scratch on him. He also blessed us with a great replacement car, not having to fight one bit with the insurance (if anything Tyler was more like-are you sure that's the right amount, they originally told us lower).
He's given me an amazing little sister who is so forgiving and loving. I can't thank him enough for preparing both our hearts this year. For giving me courage, and my sister understanding. I can't wait to see what he does next with this relationship.
Personally, I love seeing Tyler grow in the Lord. I thank God that he continues to work in Tyler's life making him the spiritual leader I need him to be, and that God wants him to be.
He's done so much in my life it's hard to express. Where I was with God and trusting him one year ago seems so different than where I am now. He's helped me realize how much he loves me and what that really mean. He's taught me that he is in control, not me (which is a good thing). He's currently teaching me to fear less. If God loves us, he wants the best for us, he's in control, what is there to fear.
He's blessed me with an amazing friend and counselor Kara. I never want to lose her! I thank God that he's put Godly women in my life to counsel me. To teach me about God's character. To call me on the carpet when I'm being hypocritical or thinking 'like a child'.
There are so many other things that God has done in my life. It's so easy to forget those things and move on to the next things we 'need'. I encourage any readers to also take time to concentrate on the abundance instead of the lack.
He was with Tyler when he totaled his car this year. It was such a scary thing, but not a scratch on him. He also blessed us with a great replacement car, not having to fight one bit with the insurance (if anything Tyler was more like-are you sure that's the right amount, they originally told us lower).
He's given me an amazing little sister who is so forgiving and loving. I can't thank him enough for preparing both our hearts this year. For giving me courage, and my sister understanding. I can't wait to see what he does next with this relationship.
Personally, I love seeing Tyler grow in the Lord. I thank God that he continues to work in Tyler's life making him the spiritual leader I need him to be, and that God wants him to be.
He's done so much in my life it's hard to express. Where I was with God and trusting him one year ago seems so different than where I am now. He's helped me realize how much he loves me and what that really mean. He's taught me that he is in control, not me (which is a good thing). He's currently teaching me to fear less. If God loves us, he wants the best for us, he's in control, what is there to fear.
He's blessed me with an amazing friend and counselor Kara. I never want to lose her! I thank God that he's put Godly women in my life to counsel me. To teach me about God's character. To call me on the carpet when I'm being hypocritical or thinking 'like a child'.
There are so many other things that God has done in my life. It's so easy to forget those things and move on to the next things we 'need'. I encourage any readers to also take time to concentrate on the abundance instead of the lack.



I LOVE this post, there is so much I want to say back, hmm don't like typing them though!
ReplyDeleteI Love you lace-nothin to forgive.
And on the religious note, you forgot to get us that dvd, and any other good church dvds you may have; Bret really wants to see em:)!!!!
I am so proud of you and tyler and God has done so many amazing things with our big family I'm happy you took the time to point it out!
Love you!
Beautiful :)
ReplyDelete