Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2012 Christmas Update

Another amazing year flew by. Elijah made it unbelievable for us. Becoming parents is seriously the most rewarding thing in this world. God knew what he was doing. I feel like our year has been focused on our new little boy, but there have been so many other things going on as well.


Everything this year has been new to us. New jobs, new milestones for Elijah, VERY new experience of vacations, so much! If you're not a regular, here's a few fun posts to catch up on really quick.


However I really suggest you scroll through the whole year to see a million cute photos of Elijah that I don't post anywhere besides here!
 
 
Elijah
So after scrolling through this past year again I realize that not only has our life been abducted by this-now 25 pound human being, so has our blog. Our whole year has been about him. I think there were maybe only 2-3 posts that were NOT about Elijah. He's now 14 months old and oh so smart. He knows at least 15 words (and signs) including his latest "boo-ya". He climbs and runs and jumps on the couch. He loves doing and saying anything his daddy does. Our recent favorite has been the "ahh'' after taking a drink. His favorite toy this week has been his new car-seat box, which he successfully made into a slide/snowboard ramp (video to come). He's finally beginning to love books and sit on our laps for at least 2 pages. He'll cuddle now before bed or naps as long as he has his blankie and bear. He's still doing great with naps and eating and even with obedience. I know I probably say this every post, but he's seriously the best blessing ever!
 
 
Tyler
Tyler's continued working as a composite tech at Klune Industries. He's moved around a lot in the department working on different certifications. Things have been going well for him there.
He's also had such a huge to-do list this year that he hasn't had a ton of time to work with his composites or even fun stuff. He had to re-build his engine for the S2K, but got it done quickly! His biggest accomplishment has been the deck in our backyard. He did such a great job and it looks so beautiful! He's still flo-riding and roller-blading. With the new skate park going up in Provo, he is super excited to drop Elijah off with Grandma at the laundromat and take a skate break! I think his favorite thing though is being a daddy to Elijah! He loves that little guy and can't smoother him in enough kisses. I've loved watching him become a dad.
 
 
Lacey
Wow, my year has been crazy. I went back to work after Christmas last year. Going back to work was really hard, but we had Elijah with an amazing sitter and that made it a lot easier. Since then I left my 9-year job at Synergy and moved to be an Event Manager at the new Utah Valley Convention Center so I wouldn't have to travel anymore. We changed sitters 4 more times after that. That has seriously been the hardest part about being a working mom-finding quality care. It's hard enough leaving your kids, but even harder when you have to stress about who is going to watch them during the day. Luckily we have found some amazing women. After our second in-home sitter we decided to move ahead with a nanny. SUCH a good decision.
 
 
While weekly coffee with Abby has been my hobby for the year, I also really enjoyed the Dirty Dash in June. My most recent change has been my new job (again!). I moved to be an Administrative Assistant at Vivint. It's been so great for me and our family. I can physically feel less stress on me! My most recent endeavor-cloth diapering! I'm so excited to start this weekend. Yay!


2012 was a great year! I can't even imagine what 2013 will be like.  Time really does go by faster the older you get. I can't believe we have a one-year old!

We pray you all have an amazing Christmas season and that God blesses you abundantly.

The Olsen Family

~Tyler, Lacey, & Elijah

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Your year has been full of love and new beginings. We love you and wish we were closer so we could give that beautiful baby boya big hug.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: