Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

We finally did the Hollywood thing!

Tyler and I just returned from the best Babymoon ever! How is it that California can surpass Hawaii?? I wouldn't of said it was possible before. However you factor in NO WORK AT ALL!!!, great weather-no rain, no motion sickness, & no sprained ankle-it seems to equal out okay. I started to feel like all my [3] readers would think I was just a spoiled whiny brat, always complaining about my work trips to wonderful destinations around the world. This trip confirmed what I knew I felt. A trip without work to ANYWHERE could probably be better than Hawaii. It was actually RELAXING! Tyler confirmed it even more when he mentioned (without me saying anything!) that he loved not having it be a work trip. We could do whatever we want, whenever we want. Being on your own schedule during vacation is priceless. All the free helicopter tours, boat rides, kayaking trips, and 5 star meals and hotels can't equal it.

So with that said, on to Hollywood! Tyler and I have been to California many many times. I've been even more when I was younger. Never (that I can remember) have we ever done one of the most touristy activities in LA-visit Hollywood. We decided it was time.

We flew into the fabulous Long Beach Airport-one of California's best kept secrets.





Since it was rush hour with an accident on the 405, we headed the scenic route on the Palos Verdes Drive. One thing I do not favor are steep hills to drive on-up or down. Look at this decline of the bridge we had to cross. Yikes.



The drive was beautiful, had a great dinner in Redondo Beach, and headed to Beverly Hills.





That evening we headed out to Hollywood Boulevard to see if we could spot any stars from the premier Horrible Bosses at Grauman's Chinese Theater. We were lucky and saw Oscar Nunez from the Office, Zachary Levi from Chuck, and Trevor Donovan from Beverly Hills 90210.





On the way back to the car we stopped at the yummy Cefiore for a chocolate covered s'more and a chocolate peanut butter cup dessert. The next morning we headed up to the Lake Hollywood area to see the famous Hollywood sign.





That afternoon we headed back to Hollywood Blvd. for some sushi at the H&H center and typical touristy activities.



There were so many Harry Potter signs! It got me so excited!



The Hollywood Walk of Fame was fun, and I searched out a few of my favorites to take photos with the stars!






So maybe Ritchie isn't necessarily my fav, but I grew up watching LaBamba and love his sad story.





We also decided we had to visit a Wax Museum. Neither of us thought it was top priority, but we tried it anyway. I'm not sure if they let you leave Hollywood without doing it. I was leaning towards Madame Tussauds, until I called and realized they didn't have their Twilight Actors currently (which the lady on the phone made it even more funny by speaking of them like they were real, i.e. "Edward isn't here right now", I bet she talks to them after hours). So onto the Hollywood Wax Museum we would go where Edward and Bella would be waiting for me.
















Yes, that's me chillin' with Hugh Hefner. Tyler made me place my hand on his, lol.



We had a lot more fun than we expected, just messing around and taking photos. Tyler even scared some little girl when she thought he was a statue and he moved. He didn't even do it on purpose.

We also re-visited the Chinese Theater since it was daytime and we could check out the fore court with the hand and foot prints.











We got to see the other Hollywood sights as well walking up and down the boulevard.




We got free access to the Guinness World of Records so we decided why not?







With that we ended our day of Hollywood and got set to head out to the Laguna area. At this point Tyler was acting like a 4 year old and couldn't wait to see the beach. We had one more pit stop which I would not allow us to miss. Sprinkles Cupcakes. I've heard so much about these amazing cupcakes and they didn't disappoint. Tyler was even impressed (and he usually doesn't get impressed by a cupcake).





We shared a Red Velvet and decided we'd try more on my birthday at their Newport Beach location. It was divine!

On the way to Laguna, Tyler wanted to stop to check out the waves on Balboa Peninsula. Here he is looking longingly into the ocean.



Here he is not too long after when he couldn't deny the temptation and my approval any longer.



It was a wonderful first 2 days. I don't think I would have changed a thing!

3 comments:

  1. OMGOsh the wax museum looks like so so much fun!!! Also were they better then the cocoa bean???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing trip!! And all comments of being a "spoiled brat" aside, I'm glad you had fun ;)

    I had to say that this post had me laughing out loud!! A pregnant Lacey on a bed with Hugh Heffner LMAO!! And then the story of Tyler scaring that little girl (was probably the highlight of his trip), was SOo "Tyler-esc" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, all of our favorite stops! LOVE Redondo Pier, it is Uncle Dean's favorite stop on the coast, well besides Newport Pier.
    Tyler with Forrest Gump...OMG!!! I have died laughing at that one. Best shot ever! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: