Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

A True End of an Era

Borders is closing.



The Borders-Seattle's Best Cafe is closed. Don't make me think too much about it-I'll cry. This place was a sanctuary to me. If I was in a bad mood-I'd walk into Borders and cheer right up (Tyler's trick). It's also full of so many memories. Walking there during work with my 'circle of trust' friends, nights where a new book would premier and we'd party at Borders (Here & Here), and of course all of my Borders nights with Abby. So sad! Abby and I went to Borders twice last week-the 2 last days the cafe was open. Luckily the store itself will still be open another month or two, but does this mean that we're soon to be subjected to Barnes & Noble-their expensive books and crappy coffee? I guess so.



Well Good Bye Borders. You will be sorely, sorely missed!

2 comments:

  1. I know unless B&N start to offer coupons Amazon will become a favorite for many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you in the loss of this sanctuary for us all. However...bright spot ahead: B/N does have a lovely children's section that is fun to sit and read in. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: