Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We would love to read your thoughts or comments!

So one very popular thing in blogging is the comments. After reading a post, your readers will usually/sometimes post a comment. Not sure how to do this? Let me explain.

At the bottom of a post, you should see some small text that looks something like this:

I've enlarged and brightened my comment link to make it easier to find for some of my readers. Click on the button or text and it will open up the comment form. (This will not show up when the post is emailed to you)

Writing a comment is really no more difficult than sending an email. It's done in 3 easy steps.
1. Fill out the comment.
2. Leave your name.
3. Press submit. That's it!

Your comment will post to the blog and you're done. To go back to the main blog page, click on the photo header at the top of the blog.

Now that you know the basics of placing a comment, you might be wondering 'why would I do it anyway?' or 'what would I say?'. Well those questions are easy to answer. For the why-because Tyler and I would LOVE to hear from you. We would love to know that you're visiting our blog and keeping up with our lives. It's also nice to know people are reading your blog-which at times is really hard work and time consuming.

For the what-you can really say anything you want. Any thoughts the post gave you, funny memories, encouragement, even just a hello works for us, ect. I of course wouldn't expect you to comment on each post, sometimes you really just have nothing to say.

One challenging part of my blog is that it is private. I keep it this way for personal reasons and anyway who wants complete strangers knowing every part of your life. If you're reading this, you should already have an invite anyway. In the past, I've emailed out posts to some family and friends, but I am going to cancel those emails for now. I feel it's inhibiting the pure blogging process of having people come visit your space. It's like their coming to visit you in your digital home-cheesy yes? It will also help in getting comments and having a good idea of who actually visits.

So since this will be the last post I email out, I will give instructions for logging into blogger to visit my blog as well.

1. When you enter my blog address or click on my blog link: http://www.laceyandtyler.blogspot.com, you will be directed to log in to Google. If you know you have a Google account setup already, go ahead and enter your email and password and click SIGN IN.



As long as the blog invite I sent was directed to the account you log in with, you should be sent directly to my blog. If you're seeing problems (see photo below). Check the email account my invite was sent to and make sure you either LOG IN or SET UP a Google Account with that email address.



2. If you do not have a Google account yet, click on the blue link that says 'Create an account now'. It's easy, I promise! You are not creating a blog, just a Google Account.



3. To create an account fill out the information on the form. You do not need to create a new GMAIL address. Your current email will work (yahoo, hotmail, aol, business accounts, etc.). Remember, you will need to use the account the invitation from my blog was sent to though. If you're not sure, go check your email real quick to verify. You can also use the same password if you wish (however to tighten security, I would suggest a different one). To help filling out this form, make sure to read the notes to the right of the fields.



4. After filling out this form, it should take you directly to the blog.

Once that process is done once, it's as easy as staying logged into Google and you can check out our blog whenever is convenient. Or just log in each time with your Google Account email and password.

Oh and an incentive to come read our blog: we always post much more information about our lives, trips, pregnancy, baby, photos on our blog than on facebook. Probably even more than talking to us. Hope this helps you all. Hope to see you here more as well, we love you being a part of our lives. Love you all!

Blogaholic Designs”=

2 comments:

  1. Wow you did make that HUGE!!! Lol!! Um it's true you do get more details then even spending a whole weekend together would give you! Plus you don't have Tyler (and Bret) interrupting with one joke or another. (although they are of course loved!!) haha Love ya lace and ty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, hilarious!! And just how did you do that?! I might have to copy this!! You are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: