Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Little Bragging Rights

I've had a lot of goals as a new mom. One of those being Elijah's nutrition. My goal was to breastfeed for 12 months at least. I'm happy to say that I have successfully done that. He hasn't had one ounce of formula. There were really hard times where it seemed hopeless but Gods design won over. With working 40+ hours I had to pump a lot. Also with Elijah's changing schedule I had to pump even more. I think by the end of pumping I had over 200 ounces saved. The last time I counted it was 156 ounces, but I know by the end I had AT LEAST 50 more ounces. So much work. This really is liquid gold.



Once Elijah started eating solids I decided to make his baby food.  We got a Baby Brezza Prima. I successfully kept the freezer stocked with cubes of baby food for these past 7 months!

 Luckily, Kelly and Bula gave us over 200 jars of baby food. Even with my home made storage, these came in handy when out and about. We've already used at least 2/3 of them!!! I can't imagine buying all this food. We were so grateful for this gift!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: