Another car that is. My Scion TC has by far been my favorite car. Yes, I cried when I sold my Isuzu Trooper (from Bountiful until American Fork that is). My Escort was totaled, but I wasn't that attached. I was so relieved to be rid of my Neon. None of those hurt like getting rid of my Scion did.
It's just a car you say? This was my first car that I was able to buy with my own credit (the Dave Ramsey in me cringes)! Since I didn't have any credit (too young) and no co-signers, the only way I could get a loan on a car was with the Fresh Start program at the MenLove Dodge/Toyota Dealership in Bountiful. Even though I was soooo thankful for this program-it wasn't the best situation. You only got to choose from about 10 cars, you have to pay off the loan within 18 months, and of course they could charge what they wanted. This was how I had to buy my Escort and my Neon.
Being approved for the loan for my Scion meant so much to me. It meant that I had good credit built from hard work, on time payments, and responsibility. The Scion was only car I was able to pick out. Also, I bought the car BRAND NEW with only 6 miles on it. I picked out everything and it was shipped right to my local dealership.
Here's Tyler and I the day I picked up my car. It was around my 21st birthday.

Well with a new baby on the way, comes many changes. One the changes that was hard to accept was trading in my 2 door coupe for a 4 door family car. We new we would have to, we've been saving for a new car since we knew Peanut was coming. It still didn't lessen the sadness.
Tyler and I were praying to find a good car at a good price along with selling our TC at a good price before the baby comes. The glory can only be God's when he sets us up like he did. We found a great car (one Tyler loves especially, but I'm a little biased) at an amazing price and was able to pick it up the same morning we saw it on KSL. In addition, God's timing deserves additional praise because that same week, the S2K (Tyler's Car) had to go in the shop until Tyler could rebuild the engine because of a spark plug problem-yikes. So luckily-we had 2 running cars (out of 4 mind you).
We put the Scion up for sale and just last week we sold it at asking price! Wow. This meant it only cost us about $2000 to trade up to the 4 door and it's completely paid off. Praise the Lord!
Tyler drove up right after the seller drove off with the TC. I was standing on the porch crying. I will miss that car dearly. It was beautiful, the paint had little sparkles in it, she never broke down on me once, never had an accident, could fit ANYTHING & was completely my style.
Here is the TC the afternoon before it sold. So gorgeous.

Here's our new car-an Acura TSX. It's really nice and we've been so blessed. The AC works nicely. I'm trying really hard to love it, however I don't think they'll ever be another car I loved like the TC. I try to remember we got this car as a step towards our new life with our baby. This will be the first car Peanut knows. That's something to celebrate.

*I have to admit, I'm amazed I could write such a long post about a car. I'll never forget the Scion TC.
It's just a car you say? This was my first car that I was able to buy with my own credit (the Dave Ramsey in me cringes)! Since I didn't have any credit (too young) and no co-signers, the only way I could get a loan on a car was with the Fresh Start program at the MenLove Dodge/Toyota Dealership in Bountiful. Even though I was soooo thankful for this program-it wasn't the best situation. You only got to choose from about 10 cars, you have to pay off the loan within 18 months, and of course they could charge what they wanted. This was how I had to buy my Escort and my Neon.
Being approved for the loan for my Scion meant so much to me. It meant that I had good credit built from hard work, on time payments, and responsibility. The Scion was only car I was able to pick out. Also, I bought the car BRAND NEW with only 6 miles on it. I picked out everything and it was shipped right to my local dealership.
Here's Tyler and I the day I picked up my car. It was around my 21st birthday.

Well with a new baby on the way, comes many changes. One the changes that was hard to accept was trading in my 2 door coupe for a 4 door family car. We new we would have to, we've been saving for a new car since we knew Peanut was coming. It still didn't lessen the sadness.
Tyler and I were praying to find a good car at a good price along with selling our TC at a good price before the baby comes. The glory can only be God's when he sets us up like he did. We found a great car (one Tyler loves especially, but I'm a little biased) at an amazing price and was able to pick it up the same morning we saw it on KSL. In addition, God's timing deserves additional praise because that same week, the S2K (Tyler's Car) had to go in the shop until Tyler could rebuild the engine because of a spark plug problem-yikes. So luckily-we had 2 running cars (out of 4 mind you).
We put the Scion up for sale and just last week we sold it at asking price! Wow. This meant it only cost us about $2000 to trade up to the 4 door and it's completely paid off. Praise the Lord!
Tyler drove up right after the seller drove off with the TC. I was standing on the porch crying. I will miss that car dearly. It was beautiful, the paint had little sparkles in it, she never broke down on me once, never had an accident, could fit ANYTHING & was completely my style.
Here is the TC the afternoon before it sold. So gorgeous.
Here's our new car-an Acura TSX. It's really nice and we've been so blessed. The AC works nicely. I'm trying really hard to love it, however I don't think they'll ever be another car I loved like the TC. I try to remember we got this car as a step towards our new life with our baby. This will be the first car Peanut knows. That's something to celebrate.
*I have to admit, I'm amazed I could write such a long post about a car. I'll never forget the Scion TC.



This post made me tear up a little bit. Sad, So I remember driving home with you after you sold your trooper, and I know how much you loved the TC. Not one accident huh? Wow that is CRAZY!
ReplyDeleteI will miss that car too :( hehe
ReplyDelete