This past weekend was Easter Weekend. Saturday started off busy with Puppy's shots, grocery shopping and Easter Egg dying. Dakota came over and we boiled and dyed Easter Eggs together. Well...Dakota dyed eggs and I boiled them and watched patiently (may i add, he likes to leave each egg in the dye for 30 minutes each). Once he was almost done with one dozen he tells me "Lacey, please say you have more eggs". I told him no, I only boiled 1 dozen. He replies with "Lacey, please tell me your joking".
After church, Tyler and I spent some time with Tylers family. Then we went over to my family for Easter Dinner. My friend Abby joined us as well. We were happy to have her!


I was not joking, so I grabbed the keys and ran and got another dozen eggs. I think this was my 4th trip to the grocery store that day. Fun huh :) It didn't really matter, cause I can't say really tell Dakota no about something as fun as Easter Eggs. Especially after we had this conversation:
Dakota: "This is the best day ever."
Lacey: "Because of the Easter Eggs?"
Dakota: "Ya. Nothings better than spending time with family."
Sunday came and we celebrated the day Jesus was raised from the dead. This day is so incredible but somehow it is easy to forget why. Pastor Scott described it well. The sermon was on how Jesus was not just a 'Good Man'. He wasn't killed because he was just a good man or taught people to love one another. He was persecuted and killed because he claimed to BE THE GOD. Jesus made good on his claims and proved it on the 3rd day after he was crucified. He ROSE FROM THE DEAD.
1 Corinthians 15:14 says "And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead.
After church, Tyler and I spent some time with Tylers family. Then we went over to my family for Easter Dinner. My friend Abby joined us as well. We were happy to have her!Here's Dawsen and Anjul in their easter outfits. After a long day, you can tell the clothes get worn out.



Dawsen is so gorgeous! Did Bam make her dress?
ReplyDelete