Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer Camping

We had our first annual Ferran Family Campout this summer. Amber and Jason dreamt it and brought it to life. It was such a great idea. My mother went all out and made the food and accommodations amazing. Tyler and I did nothing but arrive. Everything was already setup, complete with a air mattress for me. We had a great time just hanging out with the family, going out on the boat, and sitting next to the campfire.





The highlight of the first evening was watching Greg(my uncle), Greg (Jason-my cousin) & Greg (Braxton-my cousins son (1st Cousin Once Removed)) play and sing around the campfire. Hearing Uncle Greg sing brings back great feelings of childhood.



Dawsen's highlight was the smores of course. Look at that messy face.



So camping while 8 months pregnant has it's challenges. I was planning on having to get up in the freezing cold, in the middle of the night, and waddle my way to the campground bathrooms. Luckily my body had a better idea and I didn't wake up once. My first stop in the morning though...was the restrooms. On the way there I got this beautiful view of the sun coming up over Strawberry.



Speaking of those challenges...I knew that I probably shouldn't go camping this late in the game. I was aware the heat may be too much, I could possibly start swelling (which I was avoiding so well), I would be uncomfortable, tired, etc. Tyler and I figured we would see how it goes and then decide the next day. It wasn't too bad, all I did was pretty much sit and talk with family. However the first day I did wake up a little swollen. This was the first time I had to take off my rings! Also, pregnancy induced carpal tunnel kicked in because of the swelling. I've since learned that the heat and the altitude makes you swell more. Lesson learned. Luckily the swelling hasn't worsened, however I still can't fit my rings on. Below is my puffy face. I think it's gone down since then though-or at least that's what I'm telling myself.





My Mom and Uncle Roland: The Chefs



My Grandma and I were both taking photos, then at the same time we turned toward each other and snapped a photo. Cheesy, but memorable.





Dakota had his air-soft guns. Yes, he looked like a Colombian Drug Lord with his mustache.







After a day of boating, I took a nice nap in the coolness of my Uncle Roland's trailer. The rest of the family got to cooking and eating all you can eat crawdads. Yuck!









Boating was the highlight of the weekend for Tyler and I. I loved getting in the boat and getting cooled off by the wind. Tyler enjoyed the cliff diving and the wake boarding.























Tyler cliff diving



Tyler wake boarding. This is kind of long, but he gets some great jumps over the wake.



Dakota on the knee board. He did a great job! I'm so proud he was brave enough to try it!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I haven't been camping in forever, and I use to have a lot of going with your family :) But I can't imagine going pregnant :P

    And FYI, not once in any of those pictures did I think you looked "puffy"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun trip and I am so happy you guys made it up!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: