Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Getting Baby Ready

The nursery is FINALLY done. It's taken so long! I guess it's good you have 9 months to get ready, because I've needed every last minute!

For the changing table, my friend Felicia from Skitt a Skatt helped me find this cute old dresser and fix it up. I love the blue color I choose. It turned out perfect!

BEFORE:


MIDDLE:


AFTER:


I painted the accent wall an apple green. LOVE IT! It took me 4 samples from Home Depot to get the color I wanted! Tyler helped out later by hanging the blinds for me.



I then MADE...yes I said MADE the curtains. If you know me, you know I'm not a home maker type gal. This was a stretch for me. I couldn't find curtains I liked, so the next best step was to make them. How hard could curtains be right? It actually wasn't too bad and I'm so proud of them!

So then, the finished product. The room looks great and it's so nice to finally have it complete.







So for the first few weeks/months little peanut will be sleeping in our room. Here's his little bassinet. This was one of the first things we finished setting up. So cute. I can't wait to have it in place with our little guy in it.





So even though I'd like him to wait another week or two to make his appearance, it's nice to know we're pretty much ready for him.

3 comments:

  1. I'm SOo excited!! And his room is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rainforest music thing is HEAVEN!!! It's the only thing that helps Nash fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: