Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Halfway There

At times it feels like the past 20 weeks has flown by so fast...but then looking ahead at ANOTHER 20 weeks, it feels little slow. I think it just depends on how I'm feeling at the time. Even though I know you're all looking forward to another funny pregnancy rule/annoyance post, I don't want all my readers to think I'm a completely disagreeable pregnant woman. I'm actually quite pleasant. To quote Elizabeth Bennet, "Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies, do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

However I can say right now, I'm loving being pregnant. I love my baby bump. I love feeling my baby wiggle inside me. I love being amazed at the miracle God has brought into our lives. I love being able to protect him and literally house him. I love looking into Tyler's eyes and seeing how excited he is and how much he loves our little baby boy already. We're both already in love.


20 w 4 d



How Far Along: 21 weeks

Weight Gained: 6 pounds

Belly Growth: 21 Centimeters

Heart Beat: around 140 bpm

Size of the Baby: 13 ounces, length of a banana

Movement: Amazing. I felt his first little twitches and a kick at 19 weeks 4 days. I was on the beach in Kauai, trying to get comfortable laying on my stomach. So I dug a hole to put my belly in. I wish I could do the same thing on my bed! Well there was a rock on the bottom of my belly that was jabbing into me. I tried to move it a few times then gave up. Well apparently Peanut didn't give up because all of a sudden I feel a soft kick/hit. The rock must have been bugging him. After that I felt quite a few little movements. Tyler was playing in the water, so I was left to myself to marvel in this wonderment. Of course, my emotions took over. First I was very creeped out. EWWW was my reaction. THEN, I started sobbing happy tears. After a few minutes of that, I started laughing hysterically. I was so incredibly happy. The other people on the beach probably though I was going crazy. It was an amazing moment for me. I can't wait for Tyler to join in the fun.

Food Craving/Aversions: No cravings yet really...at least nothing out of the ordinary. I still can't drink coffee. It's okay, but I don't enjoy it and I'm a little scared of it. Chinese food sounds gross, so I just stay away. Other than that I've finally eating close to normal again! Yay!

What I Miss: Energy, eating completely normal, motivation, being able to walk up stairs without panting at the top-hehe.

Symptoms: The nausea is basically gone-yay!! I feel fairly close to normal again. I'm hungry a lot more, but I can't eat a big meal. I still have low energy, but better than the past few months. I'm starting to get too warm lately and uncomfortable. Other than that, I'm pretty much in that blissful time of pregnancy.

Best Moment This Past Month: Feeling Baby Peanut for the first time. Hands down. Also finding out from the 20 week ultrasound that baby seems completely healthy-praise God!

Other: We bought the stroller and carseat-yay! I feel so short next to the stroller though. I had a huge growth spurt in Kauai last week. I completely popped out while we were there.





Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.
Job 37:14

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this post made me cry!! I'm so, SOo happy for you guys!!! Lacey, you and Tyler are just going to make the BEST parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so so cute to see my little nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking so cute! And so is the peanut! I love your story of feeling him for the first time--in Kauai, no less. Isn't it so crazy and amazing all at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the posts and updates! Congrats on a beautiful baby boy, I just love the profile pic, so perfect.I am so excited for you guys! Children are truly a immense blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: