Well this is an unexpected pregnancy update. I guess I'll start from the beginning. Yesterday morning I woke with very sharp ligament pain. I've had it before, so I figured it was just my body making room and stretching. Well the pain didn't subside. My last baby appointment my CNM told me that if there's any consistent pain then they need to know about it. Around 5 p.m. the pain was still there so I decided to give her a call. She wasn't too worried, but due to the consistency and location she wanted me to go to the ER to have it checked out in case it was my appendix.
I decided to wait until the next day just to see if it would go away or get worse. Today it was still there, so we decided to have it get checked out. We went to the ER-and I was slightly annoyed because I was pretty sure they would send me away telling me it was just normal pregnancy pains. Better safe than sorry I guess.
After being pricked and prodded, we got to the good part. The doctor ordered a full ultra sound of my internal organs. This was a plus, we would get to see the baby and maybe try to convince the tech to tell us if it was a boy or a girl. Our regular visit to find out wasn't for 4 more weeks. After seeing all of my organs, we find the source of my pain was an ovarian cyst. Of course this killed as she pressed down to get a good pic for the doc. During the ovarian photo shoot, Tyler got a good shot of baby's bum.
Our ultra sound tech was amazing. She took a lot of time during the baby ultra sound and pointed out everything to us. Little Peanut was so cute and wiggly. He wouldn't stop moving. He was also arching his back and neck so much. I hate when toddlers do this, I hope it's not a habit forming, however it's cute right now. I of course teared up and Tyler couldn't stop giggling at him wiggling his arms and hands. We even got a wave. We saw his brain, his spine, his little arms and legs, heard/saw the heart beat of 138 (love that sound). I think he'll have longs legs like daddy (we hope). He was all stretched out like he was in a spa or something...maybe that attributed to my pains.

*Peanut at 16 weeks and 4 days. He's adorable!
We got to the gender part and he wouldn't cooperate. Our tech was about to give up and gave us the guess of a girl. We were both very happy, Tyler was excited for a little Lacey. Lucky for us we had a stubborn tech who enjoyed a challenge so she kept going. At one point little peanut crossed both legs and arms over his parts so we couldn't see anything. Little stinker. She prodded and even did a few jabs to get him to move around (I wanted to remind her that along with jabbing him, she was jabbing me as well). Eventually she was able to differentiate his body parts from the umbilical cord and decided on a very positive BOY!

*Poor kid will see this pic one day and hate us.
We were so excited because this is what we've been hoping for. A girl was great, but you could definitely tell Tyler's excitement was risen. He's already making plans for skim-boarding lessons in 3.5 years.
Oh, and for anyone concerned about my reason for going to the ER...they sent me home with the diagnoses of 'Moderate Pregnancy Discomfort' and an Ovarian Cyst. The cyst will go away (or rupture-not fun) but won't cause any damage. Nothing too bad-which is good with me. I'm happy we went in anyway-finding out it was a boy helps the time and money be worth it!



Sounds like he's going to keep you PrEtTy busy!! I told this to Ty at Kota's party, but you should know too that the first thought that came through my head when I got your text (after the initial thought of is everything ok? of course!) was, Oh heaven help us, there's going to be a real impressionable little boy for Tyler, that has half of his genetic makeup! ;)
ReplyDeleteLove you guys, and SOo excited for you!!!
Yay! Boys are sooo much fun! I really wanted a girl, but Derek was super excited for a boy. I was feeling like I wouldnt really know what to do with a boy, but it has been great. He is a mommy's boy which I love. Those are such great ultrasound pictures. He already looks adorable!
ReplyDelete