Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

We're Debt Freeeeeeeeeee!

We have been waiting for this day for a long time!!! About 8 months ago, we were introduced to Dave Ramsey! I thank God for this ministry. We are now free of all debt (besides the house of course). I encourage EVERYONE-no matter what position you are in to enroll in his program-Financial Peace University and read his books. Go to www.daveramsey.com.

Just a few things that have changed in our lives:
1. Tyler and I are on the same page with where our money goes.
2. Tyler and I finally agreed on how much to put in our emergency fund. He was always comfortable with less, while I wanted more. Dave calls this a womans 'security gland'.
3. We found money we never knew we had by going on a budget and putting all extra money on debts.
4. We've discovered that you do really spend more when you use a credit or debit card. The cash system is simple-you have the money until its gone.
5. We've become better stewards of the resources God has given us. All is his and we are just managers of it. It's our responsibility to use his resources wisely.
6.We've learned a TON about all types of insurance and investment options.
7. We have a plan on what financial steps we need to take for pretty much the rest of our lives.
8. Our kids won't have to worry about money-they will learn about it though, they won't graduate college with debt!
9. I could go on forever, but you'll just have to find out for yourselves.

Friday we're calling Dave to do the 'We're Debt Freeee!' scream. Here is a preview:


This is us at our Celebration Dinner at Red Lobster-we haven't been in a LONG time:

We put it on our Credit Card...Just Kidding :P

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being debt-free! What good examples you will be to your kids one day! It's such a tough economy right now so to come out on top during these tough times has got to feel very rewarding! I'll let you guys take Jason and I to dinner one night...ha ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts: