Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

2014 Christmas Update

2014 was a crazy great year! It feels like it flew by and so much has happened and changed.




In case you haven't stayed up to date, here are a few fun posts!




Isaiah
Our little 1 year old. His personality is really starting to blossom. He's a quiet, calm guy so he's a little deceiving when it comes to his personality. I usually have to tell people "I promise that he does smile!" When he's with us he smiles all the time. He loves it when we just look at him, he'll just give us a big cheeser! He loves laughing with his brother. He says at least 10 words..mama, dadda, apple, kitty, hot, poop, hi (his favorite), all done, and more! He's such a mama's boy. He's started trying to run and jump. He's SOOO smart!

Elijah
He's not a baby anymore :(. He's more like a little kid every day. He loves his TV 'shows'...a little too much! He still loves cars and now planes and helicopters. He's learning to build with legos and blocks. He loves singing the ABCs and starting to recognize letters. He speaks so well! He'll start preschool next fall probably, so we have a little bit longer until then. He's a textbook 3 year old, but fairly easy to re-direct and obeys amazingly well..at times! He's finally become a little cuddler.

Tyler
Wow has Tyler had a crazy year! He started a second job at US Synthetic in February. He was working at least 80 hours a week. It was a challenging time for all of us, but I'm still amazed at how hard of a worker Tyler is. He was hoping to eventually get hired on at US Synthetic full time, but before that happened he was offered a position at General Atomics in their composite department. It was perfect for him and a great opportunity to learn new skills and to become more valuable. This change happened in August. So really 2014 was the year of A LOT of work. Luckily they flew him out to California for training, so he got a little beach time. He also had a short fun boys trip to Laguna Beach earlier this year. He deserved a break! He's also somehow found the time to fit in a kitchen remodel and will probably finish the countertops and tile backsplash this Christmas break.

Lacey
I don't feel much has changed for me this year, except I started an addiction to Netflix while Tyler was working so much! I just completed our 2012-2013 blog book and I'm excited I've been able to keep that going! Since Elijah was born I haven't really had much in the way of hobbies. However this fall I started doing a little sewing-curtains, baby quilts, etc. So I think I have a new hobby! I'm still fitting in coffee with Abby at least every 2 weeks now (sad it's dropped!!). I'm making time hanging out with other friends too.

Tyler and I had our 8 year anniversary this year. It's been crazy to see how our lives have changed and grew. We were talking about how we don't even remember what we did in the evenings before Elijah was born. What did we do with all that time?!?!?! The boys keep us very busy, but they're so fun. I'm loving the stages they're in right now!

We have been so blessed. God has kept us safe, well provided for, and loved. Sometimes I think, when I feel so blessed and happy, that challenges and trials will come our way-but I remember that God is faithful. He'll be with us walking (or crawling) through those challenges. Just like he was this year.

We pray you have a blessed and wonderful Christmas.

The Olsens-Tyler, Lacey, Elijah, and Isaiah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: