We landed in Seattle and took a ferry to Bainbridge Island.

Forks was AWESOME. I felt like the biggest NERD. The whole time slightly embarrased of loving the story and the characters so much that I would visit the small town, specifically the high school, hospital, visitors center, Thriftway, Forks Outfitters, and two houses that claimed to be the home of the Cullens and the Swans.
Below: The Dr. Cullen Parking Spot, The Forks High School Sign, The Welcome to Forks Sign, and Bella's truck at the visitors center.

It was so beautiful. So much like Bella described it. Almost too Green. I loved every minute and would love going back. The whole town was "Bitten by Twilight". There were twilight stores, twilight menus, twilight themed hotel rooms. The lady at the visitors center was off her rocker and spoke as if Twilight was real. Ironically, I was okay with that.
Below: The sign on the Cullens home...written by Esme Cullen (the mom vampire), The twilight wall inside of the visitors center, Swan Residence, Beautiful Lake Crescent (mentioned in New Moon, where the hikers go missing), The Forks High School Sign.

I was so excited to visit La Push, home of the Quiluette Reservation where Jacob Black lives. The beach was beauiful! Below is First Beach, where Bella first learns of the "Cold Ones". We also went for a hike down to Second Beach. The hike was beautiful, the beach was heavenly.
That night we drove to Port Angeles! This was excited and SOOO embarrasing! We ate at the restaurant 'Bella Italia'. This was where Bella and Edward had their first date. We ordered the Mushroom Ravioli of course! The waiter could totally tell that we were Twilight Fans! We thought we were being inconspicuous.
I miss Forks already! I loved it!



Hah it looks like soo much fun!!! Heheheh I'm excited! NEW MOON!!! Heehee i just want more books though. But I'm still excited!
ReplyDeleteAAAAHHH!!!! I MISS FORKS!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was awesome!!
Okay, and to avoid commenting on every single one of your summer posts below this, I'll put it all here:
ReplyDelete1. Still love that you actually went to Forks.
2. So glad that your Hawaii vacation went so well!
3. Still super excited about the MPI!!!
4. Going through withdrawals having to catch up on your life through blogs instead of knowing every detail every day at work. Miss you!
Totally LOVE this whole post. Robyn wants to go now! You go girl, obsession is not always a bad thing you know! :)
ReplyDelete