Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fanny Price

I just finished reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. I loved this book. Jane Austen's characters are always so amazing. Fanny by far is one my most beloved heroines from the Jane Austen writings.
Fanny Price, a poor girl, goes to live with her relatives in Mansfield Park. She is so humble, kind, gentle, proper-everything that one of Jane's characters should be. The thing about Mansfield Park is that is is different than a lot of Jane's novels. It is of course, about romance. However, it is more about who Fanny is as a person, who she becomes, and how she gets there. All ends well of course, but Jane leaves it up to the reader to imagine the romantic parts.

I suggest everyone sit down with this book. What about Ms. Austen's other novels? I also LOVE Pride and Prejudice (of course), Northanger Abbey, & Emma.
Next up: Persuasion!

1 comment:

Share your thoughts: